Traditional swimming pools have their advantages but maintaining them can be exhausting for many homeowners. Whether its endless amounts of chlorine, or replacing the liner for the second time, maintaining a swimming pool can often feel like a daunting task.
If you feel that way about your pool, then we’ve got good news for you! Recreational ponds can provide the same level of enjoyment as a traditional swimming pool – and then some!
Some people refer to recreational ponds as ‘natural swimming pools’ as they provide all the fun of a swimming pool, along with the natural beauty of a pond or lake. Unlike swimming pools, a recreational pond is filtered naturally – working with Mother Nature, not against her! Using a unique constructed wetland filter and intake bay system, Materra Waterscapes is able to create recreational ponds that are both beautiful and low-maintenance!
Benefits of a Recreational Pond
There are no chemicals required! Along with that, there are many benefits to choosing a recreation style pond over a traditional swimming pool, including:
- Little Maintenance: Pond liners don’t require replacing, unlike pool liners (and replacing pool liners can be quite costly!)
- Attractive Addition: Rec ponds blend seamlessly into the environment; they are a beautiful, natural addition to your landscape that can run through the winter
- Safe For Animals: Rec ponds are safe for pets and wildlife (no chemicals in the water)
- Great For Kids: They are perfect for families with kids! Rec ponds provide endless amounts of entertainment for children (and parents too!)
- Customization: There are many custom options available such as rock formations, waterfalls, and yes – you can even add fish to your rec pond!
As recreational ponds become more and more popular, many homeowners are considering choosing a recreation pond instead of a pool. As you can see from the list above, there are many reasons to choose a recreational pond! Call us for more details about these unique systems!